Meet Our Staff
- Resolving workplace conflict and undertaking and advising upon disciplinary and performance investigations; conducting mediations and resolving employee conflicts.
- Advice on restructuring/redundancy process matters.
- Advising on the process of terminating an employment relationship or encouraging better staff performance.
- Preparing Individual Employment Agreements and bargaining for collective employment agreements.
- Advising on employment law and health and safety compliance issues.
- Engaging in litigation in the specialist employment and professional disciplinary jurisdictions.
David has a particular emphasis and expertise in the field of Education Law and Not for Profit organisations and he regularly acts for School Boards of Trustees, Teachers and Parents around New Zealand. This includes advising on issues relating to compliance with education related legislation, school governance issues, teacher performance and Teachers Council matters. David has recently played a central role in advising principals and several schools on the Government's proposal and consequent decsion to close or merge several Christchurch Schools. David is also an active member of the NZLS Canterbury/Westland Branch Employment Law Committee, a board member of the Canterbury Community Law Centre and St Albans School Board and an executive member of the Australia New Zealand Education Law Association.